Today I was running on my trail by the river and noticed a large bird in a tree. This isn't unusual... one of my many strange obsessions is large birds of prey. It's a big thrill in life for me to drive down a country road and see a gigantic hawk sitting on a road sign or a fence. To see an owl is practically equivalent to having an orgasm. Needless to say, I stopped by run to investigate the bird in the tree - and I am pretty sure it was a bald eagle! *Squeal*

In the 80s, Indiana made an effort to reintroduce bald eagles after most of them had either lost habitat or reproductive abilities due to the many horrible pesticides we use in this state on crops. It's very, very exciting to see a conservation effort actually working and to see a bald eagle in the middle of the damn city--well, that's just cool. Coincidentally, today was the first day I have ever run with my Iphone instead of my Ipod, so I was able to take the picture. I am going to take this as a good omen for the new year.

No comments:
Post a Comment